NEW! The CFE Exam platform is changing!
In an effort to continue to enhance the value of the CFE credential and improve the CFE Exam process, we will be making some updates to the CFE Exam platform. Starting in 2020 the technical requirements for taking the CFE Exam will be changing. Here is what you need to know!
New Computer System Requirements*
• Windows 7 (Service Pack 1), Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or above
• Screen resolution of 1280x1024 or greater
• High-speed Internet connection (minimum 2Mbps upload/2Mbps download)
• Web camera
*Note: The CFE Exam will no longer be compatible with iPads.
• Google Chrome 75 or above (latest version recommended)
• A government-issued photo ID
If your computer does not have a Web camera, you can purchase an external one online or anywhere where Web cameras are sold. You can find some affordable, reliable options here.
Please also note that these requirements do not apply to the online CFE Exam Prep Course.
If you have any questions or concerns about these new requirements, please reach out to the ACFE directly. We will be happy to help you figure out the best path forward and are always here to help you earn your CFE credential.